Tuesday, 6 June 2017

Deaf man struggles to get work...

Hearing loss, still a liability ?

Ricci Ashwood says he needs a job to provide for his partner Iona Duff and baby Lucas Ashwood. Ricci  lost most of his hearing after suffering from meningitis as a two-year-old.

He has partial hearing in one ear using a hearing aid but is completely deaf in the other. Ricci, 21, is able to talk and lipreads if he is struggling to hear.

Following the birth of his son Lucas last month, he is now pleading for someone to give him a chance so he can provide for his family — but he thinks his hearing issues have put employers off hiring him. Ricci lives with his girlfriend Iona, 18, who is also deaf.

He said: “If I don’t get a job soon we are not going to be able to pay the rent.  “If I get a job I will be able to provide for my little one and my partner so we don’t need to stress and worry. “Companies are always worried about my safety because I’m deaf so I wasn’t getting anywhere with job applications.”

No comments:

Post a Comment